With over half a million heart attacks or cardiac arrests, you being certified in the essential CPR skills can be the difference between life and death for your loved ones or co-workers. Add in basic First Aid skills and the use of an AED with this class certified by the American Red Cross, and you have the foundation to prepare for most medical emergencies.
Learn to Save Lives.
Instructor Lead Training or Online Learning.
Satisfies OSHA Requirements.
The Adult First Aid/CPR/AED course, revised and improved in 2021, equips students to recognize and care for a variety of first aid, breathing, and cardiac emergencies. This class is designed for students who need a certification that satisfies OSHA, workplace, or other regulatory requirements. Upon successful completion, a valid 2-year digital certificate for Adult First Aid/CPR/AED is issued directly by the American Red Cross!
CPR Classes are instructor lead in the classroom with lectures and hands-on practice. Online CPR learning is constructive, but having hands-on practice of the necessary life savings skills in the presence of a certified CPR instructor is incredibly beneficial. Upon completion of the CPR class, you will be ready to provide life-saving care when it’s needed the most.
There are more than 356,000 out-of-hospital cardiac arrests (OHCA) annually in the U.S., nearly 90% of them fatal. This is according to the American Heart Association. Get certified in CPR and AED and you can save the life of your loved ones, friends, and co-workers.
There were 2.7 million work injuries recorded in the United States in 2020, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. 4,764 were fatal. This may be why, in most cases, OSHA requires First Aid or CPR-certified individuals to be at your workplace or on the job site.
Chicago private industry employers reported 106,900 nonfatal workplace injuries and illnesses in Illinois in 2020, resulting in an incidence rate of 2.7 cases per 100 full-time equivalent workers as reported by the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
More About Red Cross Certified Classes
More than 4.6M people are certified annually by Red Cross certified instructors. Alpha Koncepts is one of the Red Cross trusted training providers for First Aid, CPR, and more in the Chicago area. Trust us to deliver unmatched lifesaving training that will provide you the confidence and skills to act when moments matter.
Red Cross training is based on science. Behind every American Red Cross training program stands the
Scientific Advisory Council – a team of experts dedicated to ensuring that what you learn is based on the latest and best emergency science.
Why Alpha Koncepts for your CPR Training in Chicago?
Blended Learning (online + classroom) or Classroom only.
Satisfies OSHA Requirements.
Eligible for CEU’s.
Free Student Refreshments (coffee and bottled water).
Alpha Koncepts is located in Park Ridge, just outside the city of Chicago. We offer free parking to our students.
Attending CPR (Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation) classes near Chicago or anywhere else can be highly beneficial for a variety of reasons. CPR is a life-saving technique that can be used to help someone who is experiencing cardiac arrest or a sudden cardiac event. Here are some reasons why someone might want to attend CPR classes near Chicago:
- Emergency Preparedness: Learning CPR equips you with essential skills to respond effectively in emergencies. It allows you to provide immediate assistance to someone in cardiac arrest while waiting for professional medical help to arrive.
- Increased Survival Rates: Quick and proper CPR can significantly increase the chances of survival for someone in cardiac arrest. Performing CPR keeps blood flowing to vital organs, particularly the brain, which can help prevent brain damage and increase the likelihood of recovery.
- Workplace Requirements: Many workplaces, especially those that deal with public safety or health care, require employees to be trained in CPR. Having CPR certification can enhance your job prospects and may even be a prerequisite for certain positions.
- Personal Safety: CPR classes provide you with skills that can be used in various situations, not just in a formal medical setting. You could potentially save the life of a family member, friend, or even a stranger in need.
- Community Engagement: Attending CPR classes fosters a sense of community engagement and responsibility. Knowing how to perform CPR empowers you to contribute positively to your community and respond effectively in times of crisis.
- Healthcare and Medical Professions: If you’re pursuing a career in healthcare or medicine, learning CPR is often a prerequisite. It’s an essential skill for nurses, doctors, paramedics, and other medical professionals.
- Parenting and Childcare: Parents, guardians, and caregivers can benefit from CPR training, especially since children are at risk of accidents that could require CPR. Pediatric CPR techniques are slightly different from those used on adults.
- Outdoor Activities: If you enjoy outdoor activities like hiking, camping, or water sports, knowing CPR can be invaluable in case of emergencies that might occur far from immediate medical assistance.
- Health and Safety Regulations: Some professions, such as lifeguards or fitness instructors, may require CPR certification to comply with safety regulations.
- Personal Confidence: Learning CPR can boost your confidence in situations where someone requires immediate medical assistance. Knowing that you have the skills to potentially save a life can make a significant difference in your ability to respond effectively.